jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Exception with WebDAV
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:08:31 GMT
On Nov 28, 2005, at 1:48 PM, Martin Perez wrote:

> It seems that WebDAV is on fashion these days :)
>
> Here is one exception. If I access to any repository through WebDAV
> using a
> web browser (http://localhost:8080/webapp/repository/default the
> first time
> goes well, but if I refresh the page then I get the following
> exception:
>
> GRAVE: Servlet.service() para servlet Webdav lanzó excepción
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: mar, 29 nov 2005 22:45:48 CET
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getDateHeader
> (Request.java
> :1791)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getDateHeader(
> RequestFacade.java:630)
>     at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.WebdavRequestImpl.getDateHeader(
> WebdavRequestImpl.java:724)

This is just a guess, but I suspect that catalina is upset with the fact
that "mar, 29 nov 2005 22:45:48 CET" is not a legal HTTP date.  I don't
know why it treats it as an exception -- I would simply return a date
of 1/1/1970.  We should catch that exception in WebdavRequestImpl.

In any case, the client should not be sending localized date strings
in HTTP.  What is the web browser?

....Roy