jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr stream
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:19:01 GMT
hi costin

On 11/17/05, Costin Leau <costin.leau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have some questions related to streams (binary values) and jcr
> session.
> From my tests I've seen that I can work with the stream from the
> repository even after the session initially returning it has been
> close it. However in my case it was just a small file and the returned
> stream was a ByteArrayInputStream - what happens for bigger files
> (xxMBs)? Will the content still be loaded inside a ByteArrayStream (i.e. memory)
> or not?

the data of files which are smaller than a certain threshold are kept in memory
for performance reasons. streams of bigger files are always backed by real
resources.

take a look at the implementation of the jackrabbit-internal class
BLOBFileValue.
this should answer all your questions.

cheers
stefan