jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Perez <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject TextFilters and mime types
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:41:30 GMT
Hi.

TextFilters are working fine now. The problem is that several plain text
well-known mime-types are not supported. For example, text/html, text/xml,
text/css, text/sgml, ...

All of these are plain files, but TextPlainTextFilter won't recognize them
because it only handles text/plain mime types. So common files like HTML
ones are not indexed currently with jackrabbit.

So, or new filters are added, or TextPlainTextFilter should be modified to
handle these files. If you want to create new filters, I could do it because
I need it :)

Also some time ago I did a filter for handling RTF files. It uses
HTMLEditorKit JFC classes. I could contribute it if you find interesting.

Regards.

Martin