jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Darton" <pet...@intrinsica.co.uk>
Subject RE: JCR-RMI question
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:54:57 GMT
Tobias Bocanegra wrote:

> how to you register the repository?

I was just doing
    RemoteRepository remote = factory.getRemoteRepository(repository);
    Naming.rebind(publicName, remote);
(where "repository" is a javax.jcr.Repository, and "publicName" was
something like "//myHostName:1099/repositoryName")

> take a look at the RepositoryStartupServlet in the jcr-server contrib.

Thanks for that hint - I've now fixed it :-)

The main difference between that jcr-server code (that I presume works)
and my code (that did not work) was that the jcr-server code starts up
its own RMI naming service (in its own JVM), but my code did not (my
code relied on using a external RMID that I had started seperately).
I've now copied the "start RMI-naming-service" code into my app and
everything now works.

I've since managed to get my "dump a (remote) RMI JCR repository"
program to connect and dump the contents - a good result :-)

Thanks for your help,

  Peter

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered
by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com