jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: LGPL Hibernate - legal issue
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:00:23 GMT
On Nov 7, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Roy Russo wrote:

>> In any case, Jackrabbit doesn't use LGPL libraries, so I have
>> no idea why this came up here.
>
> Possibly because of the orm-peristence component in /contrib?

WTF? [oops, forgot that the reorg means contrib is now in a
different checkout and thus missed my egrep -r hibernate.]

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that someone committed Hibernate code
in contrib.  It is okay for documentation as a user example,
but not as library code.  We are happy to help users
figure out show to work with Hibernate and encourage them to
download directly from hibernate.org, but we can't distribute
it as part of a release package.  Serge and I will have to figure
out how to convert that contrib section into documentation.

....Roy