jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: deadlock problem
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:35:35 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:

> what revision of jackrabbit are you using? according to the line numbers
> in the thread dumps at least the SharedItemStateManager is not up to date.
>
> there was an issue with locking some time ago.
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-194
>
> is that fix included in your build?

i remember that issue. it was fixed in r239410, according to
jira. im running r330363, tho :/

i wish i could boil this down to a simple test case, but,
well, i can't, because i can only make it occur by applying
load to cosmo. i could tell you how to reproduce it by
downloading and running cosmo, but i don't know that any of
you have interest in doing that ;)

i suppose i could write a test case that tries to simulate
just the sequence of jcr operations exercised by cosmo
during my load test to see if i can reproduce the issue.
that's an interesting idea, tho not a simple one.