jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Repository Constraints?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:51:47 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:
>>Thanks also for the hint about contains,  my collegue says contains dont
>>works for partial words wich we really need for suggestions.
>>"a tit" would suggest "a title".
>
> this is correct. much like google doesn't deal with partial words, in jcr
> we also don't deal with partial word in fulltext.

in general this is true. however it is still possible to match partial
words, you just have to make it explicit.

jcr:contains(., "foo*")

will match any word that starts with foo, no matter what case.

please note that this is not specified in jsr-170 and rather a
proprietary extension available in jackrabbit. using this feature might
not work with other implementations.

regards
  marcel