jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Kofler <roland.kof...@systemone.at>
Subject Repository Constraints?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:47:24 GMT
Hi all, we would like to introduce a constrain for our Title property
that asserts its uniqueness.
We want to do this as close to the datalayer as possible - in analogy to
column constrains in rdbms'.
The only method we came up to, is binding an Listener to the
ObserverManager.
a) Are there better ways to constrain properties?
b) If not, what is the best way to get the property that fired the event?
    Is there a way to get the item that fired the event in the callback
method? Didn't find a solution for this.
    By now we register the event to the second ancestor node 'pages',
which contains a 'page' and
    look up in the callback if a 'title' change fired the event.
    so we get a path "/s1:pages/page[2]/s1:title" among other property
changes.
Thank you for your help!!

Roland Kofler