jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: eclipse plugin doc
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:27:09 GMT
Hi Vivek,

This is not the correct forum to ask this kind of question as the
Eclipse plugin is not part of Jackrabbit, it is a product by Day. Please
post your questions relating to CRX and the Eclipse plugin to the Y!
support channels. Thanks for your comprehension.

Generally you will want to connect to a repository already running using
RMI - select "Configure a new remote (RMI) repository" on the first page
of the Add Repository Connection wizard. The next page shows a
connection group at the top and session details group below.
Unfortunately there is a known issue with this page, which prevents the
connection group to display properly. Just resize the wizard dialog
window to fix this.

It is crucial that you enter a correct URL in the Repository RMI URL
field. The field has a tooltip which explains how to enter the URL. This
should then do the trick, provided you also entered the session details.

And of course you repository has to be started with RMI enabled - that
is registered with an RMI registry -, otherwise it will not be
accessible :-)

Help is provided in the standard Eclipse Help system (Help->Help
Contents; CRX Feature for Eclipse).

Hope this helps you out.

Regards
Felix