jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts about Jackrabbit 1.0 (and 1.1)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:01:00 GMT
#: Jukka Zitting changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  11/11/2005 8:12 PM :#
> Hi,
>
> Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>> Isn't JCR-247 (chid axis support for XPATH predicates) a requirement of
>> JSR170?
>
> I don't think so, even if the XPath grammar in JSR 170 defines
> predicates quite generally as "[" Expr "]". The wording of JSR 170
> indicates that XPath predicates  need only be allowed for the last
> location step and seems to indicate that only properties and the few
> XPath functions are required. See the sections 6.6.3.3 and 6.6.4.7 of
> the JSR 170 specification for details.

Same unsure thoughts here. I've read those a few times before posting ;-), but couldn't figure
out
the correct answer.

> I also believe that implementing JCR-247 is by no means a trivial task.
> (Marcel, what do you think?) Thus even if JCR-247 was required by JSR
> 170, I think it would make sense to release 1.0 (or 0.9) without full
> XPath support to make the release happen. There aren't that many (if
> any!) RDBMs that support the full SQL standard...

Sure, but this doesn't mean that you should take them as good examples :-).

cheers,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.