jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts about Jackrabbit 1.0 (and 1.1)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:09:39 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

 >>  JCR-226 Lock.refresh(): throws if lock is alive

i think the following modification should do it:

- LockImpl.refresh()
   change line 105-107:
   if lock is NOT live any more throw RepositoryException
   (i think this is the 'another error' mentioned in the
    spec).

- LockImpl.refresh()
   line 111: can be removed, unless the locks have a
   expirationdate (but i think they haven't).

- LockInfo.refresh()
   i think this is now redundant... (javadoc says that
   its only there for bringing a lock back to life).

- LockManagerImpl
   i didn't check this one carefully... but at a first
   glance no modification seems to be required.

 >>  JCR-224 Lock: Session.addLockToken(String) does make
 >>  the session to a lock holder

this is only a documentation issue from my point of
view... i could not find the proper section of the
spec and was misleaded by the general overview, that
is missing some precision... i don't know how it should
be resolved in this case... but its not a coding issue
any more.

regards
angela