jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: LGPL Hibernate - legal issue
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:07:17 GMT

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand what the issue is here.

The code I did, which is in orm-persistence, uses Hibernate but uses
Maven to download the dependencies. Is this unacceptable ?

The only issue I see is with distribution.

I remember (haven't checked yet), discussing on this very list the
reason why I did both an OJB and an Hibernate implementation, as I said
that I wasn't sure if a Hibernate contribution could be accepted. Again,
no LGPL code is used in Jackrabbit source code, it is only used as a
library.

If there are issues or a preference that we get rid of this code to
alleviate any risk, I don't have a problem with this. An alternative
would be to host it elsewhere.

Regards,
  Serge Huber.