jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: LocalFileSystem.createFolder failure
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:26:54 GMT
Brian Moseley wrote:

> what's the right solution to the problem? one suggestion has been to
> move to a 2-character hashing scheme, which would guarantee fewer than
> 32k directories at each level. is this workable? is there a better
> solution?

i forgot to mention that we're currently using the xml PM. i checked the
object PM and it uses 2 characters rather than 4, so i'm recommending to
my ops guys that they switch to it. so i guess my specific problem is
solved, but the issue should be considered for all of the filesystem
based PMs.

View raw message