jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: welcome new committers
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:25:13 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
> Welcome!
>
> Note: It's good tradition for the new committers to introduce
> themselves to the group. C'mon, don't be shy ;-)

Hi all,

Well I must say I am very proud to become a member of the committers of
this project.

As for myself, I had been evaluating Jackrabbit in the beginning of this
year because I was interested in new repository technologies. I took the
plunge immediately and got familiar with the code by implementing the
ORM back-end implementation. Doing this allowed me to get a feel for the
project, and I hope to be able to work with it more and more.

I am the CTO of a vendor of an integrated CMS and Portal, Jahia
(http://www.jahia.org), which tries to contribute some time to open
source projects, but of course when times permits. I am also a little
involved in the Jetspeed 2 project, but mostly as a user of the
technology (contributed Torque-based schema generation and mandated one
of the Jetspeed devs to help integrate J2 with our product).

My main development focuses are right now clustering, scalability and
performance. For the moment I am very involved in my commercial work,
but I hope to be able to unlock some more time for Jackrabbit in the
near future, although I am also in the middle of a move to a new
apartment and I also do a little sound engineering for a local amateur
musical group (of which btw Tim Berners-Lee was a member when he was
living in Geneva :) (http://www.gaos.ch).

Here are a few areas of work I'd like to help with on Jackrabbit :
- clean up and extend ORM implementation
- see what happens with the extensions in the new JSR
- get to work on clustering setup and testing

Ok maybe that was a little too detailed :)

cheers,
  Serge...