jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Goldowsky <bo...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject basic repository editing
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 22:32:50 GMT
I'm contemplating using Jackrabbit to store microcontent for an
application -- in other words, storing a hierarchical  tree of pieces of
plain text and XML, ranging in size from a few words to a few
paragraphs.  I'd like for this content to be easily edited by
non-technical users.

If anyone has pointers to easy-to-use repository editing tools I'd
appreciate hearing about them.  Mostly what I've found available are
CMS-type applications that want to handle both the editing and web
display of content, and therefore make assumptions about repository
structure and usage that aren't appropriate for my use case, and some
highly detailed repository browsers that expose all sorts of information
about nodes and properties, which don't seem usable for less technical
folks (and probably expose things that shouldn't be changed by them).

Thanks for any leads,

Boris