jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: SVN as Repository
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:12:39 GMT
Michael Schlotfeldt wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> The company I work for is creating a content management system (CMS).
>
> We use Subversion (SVN) internally at our offices and would like
> changes the customers make through the web interface of the CMS system
> to be automatically placed in our SVN repository (by syncing or
> sharing a common repository). It seems to make the most sense to
> follow JCR-170.
>
> Can Jackrabbit use SVN as the repository?

I think there are at least two problems:

- AFAIK Jackrabbit does not pass the path to the persistance manager,
but only the UUID
- Staying in snyc, because I guess you would want people to allow
accessing the SVN server through SVN clients, which would connect
directly and not through a JCR layer

> Or is there another way to sync SVN and a jackrabbit repository.

I guess one could write a simple Import/Export, which would similar as a
dump to the filesystem.

HTH

Michi