jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Goldowsky <bgoldow...@rcn.com>
Subject Re: basic repository editing
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:00:54 GMT
On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 11:07 +0100, David Nuescheler wrote:

> is it correct to say that you are looking for a general purpose
> content editor that bases its user-interface on the nodetype
> definitions?

That sounds right.  My node types for now will be quite limited - text
and XML - but I could want to add more later on.

> and uses something like simple webforms for editing, but if i
> understand you correctly it should only display a selected
> list of properties and nodes for edition, so all the "system"
> nodes and properties are hidden?

Yes - or at least it should be configurable to do so.

> we tried to do something along those lines on
> http://jcr.day.com, but i think you may have already seen
> this, and it is probably too generic for you, is that right?

It seems rather complex -- built more for someone familiar with and
interested in repository internals.  Also it's not clear if the browser
is available without buying the whole Day CRX system, which is
unfortunately out of our price range.

Thanks for your response!

Bng