jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: search
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:47:32 GMT
> ok, but what if i need to find some node by the part of it's name?
> The query  //*[starts-with(name(),'node4')]
> complains about starts-with function, which is not implemented. As I can see
> from the documentation (JSR 170) there're no starts-with and name functions..

because of limitations of existing commercial repositories complex
path operations have been excluded from the spec. i would advise to search
or filter based on properties instead. this seems to be something
that may be more portable amongst repositories, even if we would (and i am
not saying we should) implement something like a start-with
method in jackrabbit.

... and to be totally honest, i would really be interested in the use case that
you are operating on. why would someone look for a node name starting
with 'node4' ??

regards,
david