jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:05:38 GMT
hi eugeny,

the problem with performance metrics is that there are many aspects
of performance. i think your description goes more into the direction
of scalability. we tested several millions of items of real-life data and
depending on the persistence manager used we have noticed little to
no performance degradation.

the good news about a "standards based" approach is that you can
develop your cms based on jcr (aka jsr-170) without having a direct
ties to jackrabbit.

this means that if you have a customer that outgrows the scalability
of jackrabbit (which should not happen with a couple hundred thousand
items) that particular customer can just simply drop-in a commercial
repository instead of jackrabbit, without changing any of your application
code.

does that help?

since the performance question is amongst the most popular,
maybe we should start publishing performance and scalability metrics
on the jackrabbit website? anybody?

regards,
david

On 10/12/05, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugenydzh@jdevelop.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
> We are developing CMS, and we need to learn a bit more about the performance
> of JackRabbit. The thing is I didn't find anything about the performance
> neither in wiki, nor in documentation,
>
> To be more specific, we are wandering about the performance JackRabbit
> could have, for example, working with several hundred thousands nodes/properties
> and very deep nodes tree?
>
> --
> Eugene N Dzhurinsky

http://jcr.day.com JSR-170 in Action!