jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BDB contrib update
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:58:01 GMT
On 10/20/05, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> #: Stefan Guggisberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/20/2005 3:03
PM :#
> > hi alex,

> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I was wondering if the bdb-contrib author/mentainers are considering to upgrade
it to 2.0.83. As
> >> pointed in the changelog of this version [1] there are quite a few benefits
for doing it, and the
> >> API changes are minimal (at least this is the first impression :-)).
> >
> > does the code need to be changed? did you try using the current implementation
> > with the berkeleydb 2.0.83 jar? if there are any changes required in
> > current code
> > please send a patch.
> >
> > the bdb dependency in the project.xml refers to version 1.7.1 as this
> > is the most recent
> > version available on ibiblio.
> >
> > cheers
> > stefan
> >

> Should I read in the above that I am encouraged to try this out? In case it is a successful
try
> should I understand that you might be considering it? I am just trying to set my priorities
;-).

i tried to encourage you to try using berkleydb je 2.0.83 with the current
BerkeleyDBPersistenceManager implementation and report your findings.
i would assume that version 2.0.83 is backwards compatible with version
1.7.1 so there would be no changes in the code required.

as for the dependency in the project.xml: i will update it to point to a
newer berkeleydb je release as soon as there's one available on
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/berkeleydb/jars/.

cheers
stefan