jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bdb-persistence & db-persistence in contrib
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:14:45 GMT
hi walter

On 10/14/05, Walter Raboch <wraboch@ingen.at> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently developing a database PM based on Hibernate 3 and a
> "fully" normalized DB schema (also for binaries). I will post my
> experiences as soon as I have a fully working system - which I estimate
> within the next week.

cool, looking forward hearing back from you.

just being curious: why did you choose an object-relational db instead
of a plain relational db? representing jackrabbit's primitive ItemState objects
in a normalized sql schema should be straightforward. what's the benefit of
the object-relational mapping?

cheers
stefan