jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject bdb-persistence & db-persistence in contrib
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:18:58 GMT
folks!

i'd like to propose the following:
- move the bdb-persistence & db-persistence code from
  contrib to core
- change default configuration to use DerbyPersistenceManager
  (db-persistence) instead of filesystem-based ObjectPersistenceManager
- remove CQFileSystem from project.xml and default configuration

reasons for doing so would IMO be:
- there are currently only filesystem-based PMs available in core
- there is currently no PM in core supporting transactions
- we could leverage Derby, a sister apache project, as default
  transactional persistence layer for jackrabbit
- we can get rid of CQFileSystem which is non-transactional,
  non-opensource and not free for commercial use

what do you think?

cheers
stefan