jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance (again)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:32:20 GMT
eugeny, fyi:

in your code, i changed SAVE_INTERVAL to 100 and fixed
the loop writing the properties as follows:

            for (int j = 0; j < PROPERTY_COUNT; j++) {
                InputStream in = new FileInputStream("repotest/repository.xml");
                n.setProperty("prop_blob", in);
                in.close();
                n.setProperty("prop" + j, level + "_" + i + "_" + j);
            }

because i am using a windows box i modified repository.xml to
use CQFileSystem instead of LocalFileSystem for the default
workspace.

here's the results when i ran it on my machine (with -Xmx128):

Build 19530 in 796453 ms
Traverse 19530 in 36219 ms
node  found in 0 ms

i.e.
- 19'530 nodes
- 410'130 properties with 195'300 being BINARY!
- 429'660 items on total
- 1.8ms per item
- 40ms per node

i guess that's not too bad.

cheers
stefan

Mime
View raw message