jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Perez <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Score and searching
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:30:42 GMT
Hi. I'm a little confused about how to obtain score values when performing
search operations.

Which one will be the correct process?

1 - Perform a search operation
2 - Go through QueryResult RowIterator and NodeIterator simultaneously. With
NodeIterator you get the node and with RowIterator you get the score. I'm
assuming that NodeIterator and RowIterator return data in the same order.

or

1 - Perform a search operation
2 - Use only QueryResult RowIterator. You get the score and path property,
and with the path property you obtain the Item through the session object.
But as a drawback you have to do a cast to javax.jcr.Node and you must
assume that a path property should be present.