jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shutting down repository obtained from jndi via spring
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:03:40 GMT
Hi

On 10/5/05, Brian Moseley <bcm@osafoundation.org> wrote:
> well, it's about both issues. i want to make sure the repository is
> being shut down cleanly when my webapp and/or tomcat shuts down. i
> expect a clean shutdown to deal with the lock file appropriately. i am
> not too interested in how the lock file is implemented ;)

 the problem with the spring configuration is that the JNDI instance
doesn't expose the shutdown method, so you can't call it from Spring.
i attach a patch that fixes it. Please give it a try and let me know
if it works.

No matter whether it's exclusive or not, the lock file is a different
topic and AFAIK it's working as expected, it's letting you know that
jackrabbit is not shutting down properly.

br,
edgar