jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bdb-persistence & db-persistence in contrib
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:18:59 GMT
#: Stefan Guggisberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/24/2005 5:07 PM :#
> thanks for the feedback.
>
> i moved the code in contrib/db-persistence to core, made
> DerbyPersistenceManager the "default' pm and removed
> CQFileSystem references (r328071).
>
> however, i did not yet move contrib/bdb-persistence to core.
> i realized that this would require adding a berkleydb dependency
> to jackrabbit-core. i didn't know if this would be ok. the most recent
> version of "BerkeleyDB Java Edition" available on http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
> is 1.7.1. the corresponding license can be found here:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/berkeleydb/licenses/je-1.7.1.license
>
> IANAL but the license is certainly not compatible with the apache license.
> knowledgeable advice would be very welcome.
>
> cheers
> stefan

2 points here:

1/ berkley db is now at 2.0.83 version. I am working with this version for a couple of days
and I
haven't noticed any problems so far.

2/ I have read the license for 1.7.1. IANAL too :-), but i was unable to understand what
contradiction would be with apache license. But probably you have better rules defined. IMO
it looks
like in MIT license direction.

./alex
--