jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Why does jackrabbit unsupport the count function in XPATH
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:59:31 GMT
Hi Yao,

count() is not supported because it is required by the spec.

unfortunetely there is no easy way of introducing new functions to the
query handler. the reason basically is, that jackrabbit also supports
the SQL syntax and that every extension has to be reflected in the
abstract syntax tree which should be somewhat language independent.

could you please create a jira enhancement issue to support count()?

thanks

regards
  marcel