jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject oom exceptions on os x
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:03:03 GMT

i'm experimenting with the bdb persistence manager and am running into
an issue where many of my unit tests throw OOM exceptions.

i'm running on os x with java 1.4.2 and je 2.0.83. i see in the release
notes (<http://www.sleepycat.com/je_update/2.0.83/relnote.2.0.83.html>)
that i need to specifically set the je.maxMemory property in the
je.properties file.

i further read in the je docs that je.properties goes in the
"environment home" dir, so i created je.properties with
"je.maxMemory=268435456" and put copies into
<repository>/workspaces/homedir and <repository>/version.

having done these things, my unit tests still fail with the same number
of OOMs. i must be missing something, but i can't figure out what it
might be. any suggestions?

thanks!