jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BDB contrib update
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:42:09 GMT
#: Stefan Guggisberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/20/2005 3:03 PM :#
> hi alex,

>> Hi!
>>
>> I was wondering if the bdb-contrib author/mentainers are considering to upgrade it
to 2.0.83. As
>> pointed in the changelog of this version [1] there are quite a few benefits for doing
it, and the
>> API changes are minimal (at least this is the first impression :-)).
>
> does the code need to be changed? did you try using the current implementation
> with the berkeleydb 2.0.83 jar? if there are any changes required in
> current code
> please send a patch.
>
> the bdb dependency in the project.xml refers to version 1.7.1 as this
> is the most recent
> version available on ibiblio.
>
> cheers
> stefan

Should I read in the above that I am encouraged to try this out? In case it is a successful
try
should I understand that you might be considering it? I am just trying to set my priorities
;-).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.