jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Hugh Ross <hugh.r...@propylon.com>
Subject Token in credentials
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:10:49 GMT
I am writing an server-side application which will use JackRabbit to
serve out files to a Python client.
Authentication will be via an LDAP server.
I only want the client to have to authenticate once per session as
opposed to once per request.

What is the best way of doing this?
(I won't be using Servlets so will not be able to store the JackRabbit
Session object in the servlet's HttpSession object, nor will I be using
Stateful Session EJBs)

I was thinking of using some sort of token which is generated on
successful log in and then stored in the database. The token would then
be passed for every subsequent request (using the setAttribute() method
of the SimpleCredentials object)
I would then need to override the RepositoryImpl.login method to check
the token passed against the database to ensure that it is a valid request.

Can anybody think of a better way of doing this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hugh