jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: About 1000 workspaces in Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:45:10 GMT
Hi Tomasz,

currently all workspaces are initialized and loaded on startup, which is
unfortunate when there are a lot of workspaces. however, I think it
should be possible to change this behaviour to only load workspaces that
are actively in use, that is, a session is connected to it.

One reason I'm aware of why workspaces need to be initialized on startup
is that each workspace index also contains the repository wide version
index. because of this, all workspace indexes need to be up and running
to include versioning changes. I've created a jira issue to cover this:

anyone else aware of other areas that prevent us from putting a
workspace to sleep when it is not actively used?

regards
  marcel