jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bdb-persistence & db-persistence in contrib
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:20:24 GMT
#: Jukka Zitting changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/15/2005 3:00 PM :#
> Hi,
>
> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
>> i'd like to propose the following:
>> - move the bdb-persistence & db-persistence code from
>>  contrib to core
>> - change default configuration to use DerbyPersistenceManager
>>  (db-persistence) instead of filesystem-based ObjectPersistenceManager
>> - remove CQFileSystem from project.xml and default configuration
>
> +1
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Even if I am not so advanced in these topics I can say that blob manipulation in known databases

doesn't show so far good performances. From this perspective I guess a better solution is
using
Berkley DB which is able to store blobs on filesystem so removing this performance penalty.
Don't
know if the same is true about Derby.

./alex
--