jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bdb-persistence & db-persistence in contrib
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:18:14 GMT
#: Stefan Guggisberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/14/2005 5:14 PM :#
> hi walter
>
> On 10/14/05, Walter Raboch <wraboch@ingen.at> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am currently developing a database PM based on Hibernate 3 and a
>> "fully" normalized DB schema (also for binaries). I will post my
>> experiences as soon as I have a fully working system - which I estimate
>> within the next week.
>
> cool, looking forward hearing back from you.
>
> just being curious: why did you choose an object-relational db instead
> of a plain relational db?

who mentioned object-relational db? Hibernate works against RDBMS so it is pure relational.
The benefits of working with a ORM solution were discussed many times, and the pros and cons
were
presented. Sure, someone may choose to do it with pure JDBC, iBatis mappings or whatever solution
he
may like ;-).

couldn't resist it,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

representing jackrabbit's primitive ItemState objects