jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for 1.0
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:33:42 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Another subject to discuss before the 1.0 release is the contents and
> structure
> of the distribution package. I think the Maven dist goal is a good place to
> start, but what else than the Jackrabbit jar and docs would we want to
> include
> in the package?
>
> Edgar already touched this issue in his comment to JCR-227 [1],
> suggesting that
> we include all the dependencies and modules and add jcr-server scripts for
> running Jackrabbit in server mode. I kind of like this idea, with
> instructions
> for using just the Jackrabbit jar and dependency libs if you want to run a
> content repository embedded in a container or a standalone application.

I'd like to see two deployments of Jackrabbit:

1) Jackrabbit with all its features and options: rmi, webdav server,
textfilters, etc.

2) Jackrabbit embedded running with just the basics. The goal here
should be to provide a quick and easy way to get started.

The next point is a bit off topic. Equally important to how we package
Jackrabbit is the question what kind of examples we want to provide. IMO
it is very important to include a sample (web-)application that shows
the features and stengths of a content repository. Any ideas on that?

regards
   marcel