jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: shutting down repository obtained from jndi via spring
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:34:54 GMT
Edgar Poce wrote:

> I attached it to my previous post. You can also download it from
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-243. I don't experience this
> problem with my configuration, so please let me know if it works

heya. thanks, i'm sure that will work - if i configure spring to know
that the object i'm looking up in jndi is a BindableRepository rather
than a javax.jcr.Repository.

yeah, i can do that, but it breaks "webapp encapsulation". deploying my
webapp is no longer as simple as setting up the repository as a global
naming resource and then having an implementation-agnostic webapp.

perhaps the ultimately most correct approach to this is to add a
shutdown method to javax.jcr.Repository.