jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shutting down repository obtained from jndi via spring
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:14:44 GMT
#: Brian Moseley changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/5/2005 6:41 PM :#
> Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>
>> The addShutdownHook is still there, but also the static blocks meant for
>> pre-loading the classes. On my machine working with the latest SVN trunk
>> the .lock files are correctly deleted.
>
> hm, i have the latest svn trunk as well, and the lock file is not being
> removed. i don't see any static blocks in RepositoryImpl though.
>
> i can rig up a debugger to see if specific code is being executed - what
> should i be looking for?
>
> i got a little confused by all the discussion earlier in the thread and
> am not sure if a solution was ever found that wouldn't require me to
> encode jackrabbit-specific code or configuration within my webapp.
>
> sorry to seem spacy on this subject. this particular week it's difficult
> for me to pay close attention to all the various threads on my various
> mailing lists :/

Brian the static blocks are not in the RepositoryImpl itself. Look at JCR-120 and the suggested

patch there. It is integrated, or at least I have found it in my trunk. I have even added
some sout
statements in the shutdown method and this is called and I am sure .lock files are removed,
as it
was really annoying for me ;-).

hth,

./alex