jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: rev 293331: latest changes in contrib jcr-server (summary)
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:29:45 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> what kind of specifics do you expect? examples? i thought the
> explanation was pretty straight. the de/encoding is present on
> the dav layer only and you will not be able to resolve ambiguities
> that this level if your repository is not only accessible via
> webdav. am i missing something?

no, you aren't missing anything. i misunderstood your comments and
thought you were talking about something more than/in addition to the
above, which was quite clear from the beginning of the conversation. thanks.

> btw: you cannot encode the [] that mark an index of a same name
> sibling node. those are part of the item path. however, creating an
> item with a trailing index in the name is invalid. so you would need
> a more sofisticated parsing.

i don't think this matters to me in terms of webdav. since i can't have
same named webdav resources, i'll never have sibling nodes or the need
to access a node with an indexed path.