jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: rev 293331: latest changes in contrib jcr-server (summary)
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:24:40 GMT
hi brian

> sure, and i like the compromise you came up with. i'm perfectly willing
> to implement my own encoding scheme with the hook you've given me. i'm
> just wondering if you can give specific reasons for your unease with
> regard to hex-escaping ' and " and [ and ] and so forth.

what kind of specifics do you expect? examples? i thought the
explanation was pretty straight. the de/encoding is present on
the dav layer only and you will not be able to resolve ambiguities
that this level if your repository is not only accessible via
webdav. am i missing something?

btw: you cannot encode the [] that mark an index of a same name
sibling node. those are part of the item path. however, creating an
item with a trailing index in the name is invalid. so you would need
a more sofisticated parsing.

regards
angela