jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: rev 293331: latest changes in contrib jcr-server (summary)
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:53:15 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> actually, i already summarized my expectations and considerations
> in the jira issue (184) and explained why i came to the conclusion,
> that an extra jcr-encoding should not be part of the code provided
> within jackrabbit.

right, you mentioned potential inconsistencies and being
uncomfortable with certain things, but you didn't really go
into specifics.

> i'm aware that some points are not relevant for your application,
> but for me they are and i would feel uneasy with any of the
> variants i considered so far.

sure, and i like the compromise you came up with. i'm
perfectly willing to implement my own encoding scheme with
the hook you've given me. i'm just wondering if you can give
specific reasons for your unease with regard to hex-escaping
' and " and [ and ] and so forth.