jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: rev 293331: latest changes in contrib jcr-server (summary)
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:43:45 GMT
hi brian

> it looks like neither the simple nor jcr servers have implemented any
> escaping - you've just provided the interface for us to provide our own.
> is that right?

exactly.

> can you discuss why you don't think a simple hex-escaping of reserved
> characters is not sufficient for an implementation of getJcrPath()?

actually, i already summarized my expectations and considerations
in the jira issue (184) and explained why i came to the conclusion,
that an extra jcr-encoding should not be part of the code provided
within jackrabbit.
i'm aware that some points are not relevant for your application,
but for me they are and i would feel uneasy with any of the
variants i considered so far.
if someone comes up with a satifying solution... even better,
the issue 184 is still open.

kind regards
angela