jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: rev 293331: latest changes in contrib jcr-server (summary)
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 03:39:00 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> with revision 293331 the following issues have been
> addressed within the jcr-server contribution:

angela, thanks for all this. great stuff, very helpful.

> 1) JCR 184 - Simple Webdav: jcr-encoding for resource names
>
> as stated in the jira issue, i could not find an
> satifying way to introduce an encoding of uris
> containing characters invalid in jcr.
>
> nevertheless i modified the code in order to have separate
> usage of dav 'resourcepath' and jcr 'itempath' throughout
> the project. in addition DavResourceLocator provides a method
> getJcrPath(). a new locator can be created from a jcr item path
> using an additional method with the factory.

it looks like neither the simple nor jcr servers have implemented any
escaping - you've just provided the interface for us to provide our own.
is that right?

can you discuss why you don't think a simple hex-escaping of reserved
characters is not sufficient for an implementation of getJcrPath()?