jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: shutting down repository obtained from jndi via spring
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 00:10:39 GMT
Brian Moseley wrote:
> Costin Leau wrote:
>
>> Ofc, the support is already there, I just had to take a close look at
>> the docs: you can set out expectedType to RepositoryImpl and that
>> should do the trick (it is part of JndiObjectLocator which is a parent
>> of JndiObjectFactoryBean).
>

> ahh.. right on. thanks all.

this turns out to not be a great solution for me, since i'm trying to be
repository vendor agnostic in my spring config. for that reason, using a
jackrabbit repository factory bean is not a great solution either, nor
is a servlet context listener.

i hope one of the other suggestions for fixing the lock file is
implemented soon, cos it's really stuffing me up right now. everytime i
deploy my jcr-using webapp i have to shut down tomcat, rm the lock file
manually, and restart tomcat. and we have to script that in production.
ouch.