jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: mock jcr implementation
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:20:43 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> EasyMock is very nice for many cases, but it doesn't IMO very well match
> the
> needs of JCR unit testing.
>
> I've been thinking about a simple in-memory JCR implementation that
> could be
> used as a kind of a mock for testing JCR applications.

thanks for the suggestions. i've been going through the pain
of setting up a repository and registering nodetypes and
importing data. i would love an alternative that didn't have
so many moving parts, even if it means a little more work to
set up and tear down individual test fixtures. so i'll give
easymock a try, and then fall back to the in mem pm if
necessary.

incidentally, it seems astonishing that we don't have
simple, scriptable tools for namespace and nodetype
registration and data import and export. i know edgar is
working on the jcr-command one, and i'm super anxious to see
it, cos i'm starting to get hard for a backup/restore
solution for my webdav server. obviously i can write code to
import and export xml docviews, and i am, but i'd prefer a
general purpose tool provided by jackrabbit that's
maintained by somebody with more intelligence and motivation
that me :) ideally it would all be as simple as "mysql db <
create-schema.sql" and "mysqldump db > export.sql" and
"mysqldump db < import.sql". it's hard for users to screw
those up :)