jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: sequencer in jr
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:59:04 GMT
Hi Marcin,

Marcin Cenkier wrote:
> I need an integer sequencer in JR. Is there such functionality, or a
> workaround? Creating a node and incrementing its property could work iff
> I could synchronize access to the node, but I don't like the idea of
> locking this node for the time a process increments the value.
> Any thoughts?

locking the node is the only way to serialize access to a property.

though, it would be interesting to build a decoration layer using the
jcr-ext in contrib that allows to specify isolation levels for sessions.
that layer would then provide the functionality your are looking for in
a transparent manner.

regards
  marcel