jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: litmus results for simple webdav server (rev. 293331)
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:30:41 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi
>
> as suggested by stefano some time ago, i let litmus run
> for the simple webdav servlet.
>
> please find attached the commented test results, one is
> using jcr locks the other one is using locks that are
> not reflected in the repository.
>
> regards
> angela
>

> ps: in order to allow litmus to create properties, its
> necessary to reset the default nodetype in the fileimport
> command.

Angela,

outstanding work!

Known bugs aside, I think we are in very good shape, the warnings don't
really concern me, but the 'bug in litmus' is very interesting and could
create some concerns since litmus uses (AFAIK) lib_neon which is pretty
much the de-facto webdav client library out there. So if this is a bug
in neon, it might create a lot more incompatibilities that we would want.

I'm sure the authors of litmus would be very happy to hear from you
about that (unfortunately, there are not so many webdav servers out
there and even less that care about testing enough to pass it).

Also, what would be cool, IMO, is to automate the tests (say a cron job
somewhere, we could even ask for a jackrabbit zone here in apache) and
then send email here on the list if the diff between the previous run
and the current run is different than zero, so that we can follow the
progress on the resolution of the locking issues (which are critical in
using a JCR repository as a MacOSX dav disk).

Other than that, let me repeat, outstanding job.

--
Stefano.