jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject Re: Node permissions
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:27:21 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:23:04AM +0200, Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> you need to implement a AccessManager.
>
> read the posts that already exist to this topic first:
>
> http://search.gmane.org/?query=accessmanager&email=&group=gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&xP=accessmanager.&xFILTERS=Gcomp.apache.jackrabbit.devel---A
> regards, toby

Excellent! I was able to find almost any of my questions in this mailing list,
but I still have a question: AccessManager defines several constants for
access rights (read,write and remove). Is it possible to extend this set of
constants in classess implementing this interface?

Also, do I need to handle the permission checks somewhere in my own code, or
it will be done by JackRabbbit background? In case if I should take care of
checking permissions for node before accessing it, I will be able to check
custom privileges for sure, and there's no place for this question :)

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky