jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject Re: Multithreading/Mutliuser(?) access
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:30:21 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:41:22AM +0200, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> mix:lockable is a mixin node type, that means you cannot create a node
> with this node type directly. you can think of it as an abstract class,
> that you cannot instanciate.
> however you can add a mixin to an existing node using Node.addMixin()

Actually my question is : how can I access the same node from several sessions
and threads w/o breaking things? I just need to know caveats before we will
start implementing our CMS with JackRabbit. I wrote test application which
emulates concurrent access to the same node, and all what I'm getting now -
just set of exceptions, which identifies I should take care of synchronising
between sessions by myself, but I don't see any way to do that w/o
hacking/modifying JackRabbit code, am I correct?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky