jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject Re: Multithreading/Mutliuser(?) access
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:24:07 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:41:22AM +0200, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> mix:lockable is a mixin node type, that means you cannot create a node
> with this node type directly. you can think of it as an abstract class,
> that you cannot instanciate.
> however you can add a mixin to an existing node using Node.addMixin()

okay... but right now when trying to access node from several concurrent
threads within the same session, these methods throws exception
Node already locked: /random/node1_3/node2_3

current.lock(true, true);
current.setProperty("test", propertyValue);
current.save();
current.unlock();

So I assume I should synchronize access to node in my code, right? JackRabbit
won't just wait when node is released?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky