jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject Multithreading/Mutliuser(?) access
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:40:11 GMT
Hello, I tried to make some tests when operating with same repository from the
same session with several threads (modifying the same attribute of the same
node), and I seem to fall in problems. First of all, I'm generating test
repository, and then I start 10 threads to modify property "test" of the node
/random/node1_3/node2_3. It seem to modify this path propertly,but after
session is saved and invalidated, when i'm trying to get the node, it produces

[java] DEBUG 20/23/05 02:23:38 [main] (JCRTest:279) - Exitting with thread 34
     [java] ERROR 20/23/05 02:23:38 [main] (JCRTest:307) - javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException:
random/node1_3/node2_3
     [java] javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: random/node1_3/node2_3
     [java]     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getNode(NodeImpl.java:2240)
     [java]     at JCRTest.dumpResults(JCRTest.java:300)
     [java]     at JCRTest.main(JCRTest.java:280)

for some reason. After that it sometimes finds the node, and sometimes it does
not find the node.

And finally set of exceptions:
[java] ERROR 20/30/05 02:30:57 [Thread-119] (RepositoryImpl:283) - Unable to release repository
lock

is thrown. Any ideas, why is that?
I attached code example (see main method), test.runTest() just creates
repository and makes some performance tests, then threads are created etc etc
etc. I would like to think I missed something in my code, but I really have no
idea what could cause node is not found sometimes and is found some another
times....

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky