jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject Re: was [performance (again)] -> concurrent access?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:26:58 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:53:34AM +0200, David Nuescheler wrote:
> > random access : 453 ms
> > search by property: 453 ms
> can you describe what you mean by "random access"? is that accessing
> a node by path or by uuid? or something different.

it's just access to node by path.

> is it just coincidence that search by property takes exactly the same
> amount of time as the "random" access?

I tried several times, it seems that equal times in results I posted is just
coincidence, right. Uusually it differs in ~100 ms

> if you say "search by property" how many entries do you have in
> your search result?

20 or so, can't recall right now.

> > Now the question is how several users can have concurrent access to
> > repository for reading and writing operations?
> every user operates on their own session, is their any further
> information that you need? maybe i misunderstand your question, it
> seems pretty obvious to me...

Okay, in another words, if several users will work with the same repository
and userA will edit siblingA in nodeA, but user B at the same time will edit
siblingB in the same node (nodeA) - will this situation be handled properly if
they will try to save results at the same time?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky